Thursday, June 14, 2007

update.

Not much has gone on since last I wrote. Work is work and that is it I guess. Although I did attend my first S.L. Green Company Outing. It was held at the Belmont Race Track. At first I was only looking forward to the free alcohol (typical), but I had no idea gambling could be so FUN! I started out with 75$, which was given to me by my wonderful company and I made it back home wit 69$. Not too shabby, no? Not only did we have horses to gamble on, but this year they added an entire casino. Everyone got Green Bucks to exchange for chips. There were black jack tables, craps and all those other great evil money stealing games. The top 25 winners got prizes. The prizes ranged from an Apple mac book, a hot air balloon ride, an iphone before it can even be bought, a sky diving trip and so much more. Rob made out with a Wii. Overall it was a good time.

That same day Rob and I had The Fall of Troy show to attend. It started at 6:45 and we got to the venue around 7:30ish. When we got there I noticed Thomas Erak, the lead singer, right away. The band was signing autographs, so obviously I had to meet the man I love. Right before we are going to approach the table and ask for an autograph I hear some kid in front of me say, "Oh my god, semi-fiction was so amazing!" I look at Rob with a disappointed face and hope he wouldn't say the words I did not want to hear, but out they came...."Mel, I think we missed the show" I asked the kid bragging about how amazing the set was and sure enough he also disappointed me and said, "I'm so sorry, but yeah you missed them, they played earlier." I wanted to cry, I bought these tickets as soon as they went on sale and all I could think of was seeing Ex-Creations live. I finally got up to Thomas and gave him a sad face and said, "I missed your show! I just got here 5 minutes ago!" He said come tomorrow and not to worry because they would be back around real soon, then he, along with the rest of the band, signed my ticket. I just have to be thankful I don't have FUPA. haha ;)

Moving on, I got Fionna Apple tickets. August 14 @ the Central Park Summer Stage. I'm really looking forward to that. She puts on the most amazing shows!

I took a few pictures tonite using the RAW format on the camera. Me and Rob just discovered how much of a difference it makes. Now we just need a bigger flash card. And as usual I had the best model. Check 'em out!






Peace Always

No comments: